The friction material of MASUMA Disc brake pads is R&D patent of the engineers in Japanese Headquarters.
MASUMA Disc brake pads rely on high braking efficiency, which can be achieved by balanced heating and heat dissipation of the brake pads in different operating modes, thereby ensuring the stability of product quality, effectively reducing the noise of the brakes and discharging the dust generated by the friction between the brake pads and the brake disc.
MASUMA brake pads undergo thousands of hours of cycle testing on the LINK 3900 Benching testing machine, MASUMA brake pads have advantages of wear resistance, thermal stability and low noise frequency.
MASUMA N series Drum brake pads
MASUMA N series Drum brake pads use a special ceramic formula, and the friction material layer is composed of ceramic fiber, aramid fiber, carbon fiber, copper fiber, high-purity graphite, potassium titanate and resin.
The specified friction coefficient is 0.36, which allows for short braking distance, high temperature resistance, less dust, no noise and long life-span.
1. MASUMA brake pads adopt the international advanced ultra-quiet ceramic formula, which effectively solves the problems of noise and dust.
2. MASUMA disc brake pads with FF level international standard friction coefficient, low noise, less dust, good braking effect.
3. The high-temperature braking ability of MASUMA disc brake pads is outstanding, Under the high temperature conditions such as continuous emergency braking and downhill braking, the friction coefficient is stable and the braking effect is good. During the actual measurement in Yunan Road testing, after 20 consecutive prolonged braking actions, the temperature of the brake disc/pad reached more than 570 degrees, but it still remained in good condition.
4. MASUMA disc brake pads use advanced ceramic formula and manufacturing process, which has the advantages of long life-span and wear resistance and can prolong the life-span by more than 25%.
5. There is more than 3000kinds of brake pads in MASUMA, meeting various worldwide car models request.
Ensuring stable braking performance in different Road conditions, Especially in severe conditions.
Brake pads' part
Structurally, brake pads are composed of friction material, bottom material Layer, viscose, steel back, muffler plate and accessories.
Primer layer: Improves bonding performance, reduces heat conduction, maintains consistent compressibility for thinner friction plates, reduces noise, attenuates high-frequency squeal and couple attenuate vibration.
Friction material: The body material (abrasive+ lubricant) determines the friction coefficient and friction performance. The filler can reduce the cost and improve the ease of production. The binder can effectively bond various components and strengthen the fiber to enhance the mechanical strength.
Friction material formula classification
Brake pads on the market are mainly divided into three categories: semi-metal, less metal and non-asbestos organic matter (ceramic formula) according to different materials .
High metal fiber(iron fiber, steel fiber, etc) content 鈮?0%
Advantages: long life-span, high load, low cost.
Disadvantages: low coefficient of friction, noise, wear to the brake disc, rapid aging of brake components.
Lower metal fiber( Iron fiber, steel fiber, etc.) content<30%
Advantages: high performance, good low speed, more suitable for European and American vehicles, friction coefficient is 0.4~0.42
Disadvantages: noisy, short life, dusty.
Non-Asbestos organics(ceramic formulation) NAO
Mainly use glass fiber, rubber, graphite and other organic substances as reinforcement materials
Advantages: low noise, less dust, friction coefficient 0.36~0.38.
Disadvantage: high temperature and high load characteristics (fading) are not ideal.
Performance indicators related friction materials
The coefficient of friction is the ratio of the frictional force between two surfaces to the vertical force acting on one surface. This coefficient is one of the important indicators to measure the braking effect of brake pads.
EE grade: 0.25-0.35 is suitable for European and American cars. brake pads are relatively large and the friction coefficient is relatively low.
FF grade: 0.35-0.45 international standard friction coefficient.
GG grade: 0.45-0.55 for European models.
HH grade: 0.55-0.65 for racing cars.
The higher the friction coefficient, the greater the friction force and the shorter the braking distance under the same braking force. But it is not that the higher the coefficient of friction, the better. Excessive friction coefficient will affect the comfort of driving. Such as the phenomenon of car nodding. Therefore, a balance point is desirable between the braking distance and friction coefficient.
Precautions and Handling of common faults
1. Brake pads are an important part of vehicle's braking system. Their life-span is determined by factors such as differences in driving habits, vehicle models, road conditions, slope differences, private cars or taxis, etc . please carry out maintenance in accordance with the vehicle maintenance manual.
2. New change brake pads make low-speed brake noises. In fact, the original brake pads have caused wear on the brake discs after use, causing the new pads and the old discs to easily rattle. The complete solution is polishing the disc. If the customer does not agree, the temporary solution is to polish the brake pads.surface, Chamfer.
3. The size of the friction block of the brake pad manufacturers is inconsistent, especially the width. The maximum deviation between manufacturers can reach 3 mm, which causes the surface of the brake disc to look smooth but the standard size is installed, and the small one can easily make noise. How to fix: polishing brake discs.
4. There is a sudden noise after driving for a period of time. In this case, most of the time this is due to the fact that there are sand and gravel on the road between the brake pads and discs when braking. In this case, it is not only easy to make noise but also easy to damage the disc, but the foreign objects have fallen off after dismantling. In this case, only two of the four sides of the disc are damaged, and one of them is easy to see. How to fix: remove foreign objects, reinstall the car.
5. No matter whether you step on the brake or not, there is a rattling sound, which may be because the brake accessories are not installed properly. How to fix: fasten accessories, reinstall
6. If there is sound, the brake pads are in a semi-slip state at the moment of starting, so that the automatic transmission car has a unique sound, and there is no manual transmission. This kind of sound is a normal phenomenon when the brake pads are in a semi-slip state.Auto Brake Systems for sale